There are a couple of options when using Special education tuition and aftercare as a tax deduction: Child Care credit and/or Medical expense.

It would be advantageous to approach your accountant with these options and make sure the appropriate research is done.  

There will be a special requirement with the IRS if your student is over the age of 12 and you are using the child care credit. Your accountant should know this and should also be able to tell you how the special education tuition can be used as a medical expense. Documentation may be required from your students pediatrician or a psychologist. Either way, being prepared with this information can help you now or  next year.